Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cheesy Potatoes

Let me introduce you to my standard, go-to, breakfast casserole. This one is SO easy and so yummy! Every time I serve it, people talk about it and ask about it. I took it to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) this morning, and once again I received many compliments! I think that if I didn't bring it, people would be upset. The last time I was supposed to bring a dish to share at MOPS, I asked my Facebook friends if I should bring the cheesy potatoes or cinnamon rolls. They demanded the potatoes.


Cheesy Potatoes (The Yummy Version)

  • 1 bag of Potatoes O'Brien (don't you love that you don't have to chop peppers or onions?)
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 cup Sour Cream
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1.5 - 2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use cheddar, but I just used the remnants of a couple of different bags of free cheese.)
  • dash of garlic salt (or more)
  • pepper to taste

In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, sour cream, soup, garlic salt and pepper until well combined.

Add frozen potatoes (making sure there aren't any big lumps all stuck together) and mix well.

Add shredded cheese and mix well. Reserve a little bit of cheese to garnish the top later on!

Place in a baking dish.





This is when I usually cover it and put it in the refrigerator and go to bed.

In the morning, I get up and throw the uncovered dish into the oven at about 375° for 1 hour. When I'm short on time, I crank it up to about 400° for 35 minutes!

Important: It needs to be bubbly all the way in the middle of the dish. PU-LEASE don't pull it out before it is bubbly in the center! This results in crunchy, uncooked potatoes. If you are concerned about too much browning around the edges, you can always cover just the edges with a little bit of foil (not that I ever do!). Now, sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese on the top to make it pretty!

No comments: