Monday, December 28, 2009

Crock Pot Roast Beef

This is an easy recipe (almost brainless!), yet I always get huge compliments!!

You know me, though. Everything is approximate!!

1 big chunk of beef (maybe 3-5 pounds)
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 small can of Cream of Mushroom Soup

Place the chunk of meat in the crock pot. Sprinkle with the entire envelope of onion soup mix. Spread the entire can of mushroom soup over the top. Cover and cook on high.

What I do: Usually, I put a frozen chunk of meat in there around 10:00am or so, and it is totally done (falling apart) by 5:00pm. I typically turn it down to low around 4:00 because we eat pretty late (when daddy gets home).

Resist opening the crock pot. Every time you do, you need to add 30 minutes to the cooking time.

This makes great gravy, so be sure to make some mashed potatoes to go with it!

2 comments:

Aly sun said...

Oh dear. Now I am hungry for roast beef. Sounds delicious.

Sara said...

This is the recipe for roast that I always use, although I add 1/2-2/3 canful of water (using the cream of mushroom soup can) to make the gravy go farther. It's the BEST gravy ever in my opinion! Also, I usually bake in the oven for 3 hours at 300 degrees in a covered dish, but I've also done it in the crock pot too.