Monday, July 28, 2008

Baked Moroccan Chicken and Cous Cous

This is my first post-thanks for letting me play with you all. This recipe was made for my by my friend Rebecca after I had Jeremy. I could not get enough of it. My husband does not enjoy the raisins but I do. It is a different take on chicken and it already comes with a side dish-cous cous.

Prep: 20 min Cook: 35 min
1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp each ground ginger, cinnamon, pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 tsp olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cous cous
1 ½ cup boiling water
½ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
¼ cup each chopped dates and raisins
2 T lemon juice

In small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, ½ tsp salt, ginger, cinnamon and pepper. Rub the spice mixture onto the chicken.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large non stick skillet, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes each side. Transfer chicken to a plate
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and sauté for 5 min. Add the cous cous, boiling water and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Stir, cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 min. With a fork, gently stir in cilantro and dates/raisins.Put cous cous mixture in bottom of greased 9”x13” baking dish. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle lemon juice on chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 10 min. Uncover and bake for 10 min more, or until chicken is cooked through

No comments: