Friday, August 10, 2007

Blackberry Panic Dessert

Growing up, my family always had panic cake. It is basically a cake mixed dumped over whatever fruit we had (canned peaches mostly), topped with butter and baked. I had almost forgotten about the recipe. I tried it with blackberries and didn't sweaten them because the cake mix is already really sweet. It is delicious and now I am addicted, eating it for breakfast and dessert.

6 cups blackberries
1/2 box yellow cake mix
1/2 stick butter,
melted
Place berries in a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. Mix cake mix and melted
butter together to form crumble. Top the berries and bake for 35 minutes at 350,
until browned on top and fruit is bubbling.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andee said...

Can't wait to try it. Also, if it's too hot to bake, try Very Easy Berry Crumble--in the July 2006 archives.

Annie said...

Oh, I miss the blackberries!!! The only ones you can pick in the city are probably sprayed with so many chemicals that you would glow if you ate them...

Lindsay said...

Sound very good and easy too. I will try it soon when I'm in a "panic" for something sweet!