Saturday, August 12, 2006

Vita-what?

3 years ago at Christmas with Jeff's family, we were all done opening gifts (or so we thought) when I was presented with a small booklet from my mother-in-law. My sister's-in-law also received identical booklets. I was studying the picture that looked like an industrial sized blender when my sister-in-law Jayne started screaming, yes, screaming, and there were tears of joy too. You would have thought they gave her a new car the way she carried on! I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE FUSS WAS ABOUT. The booklets were followed by, "You each have a Vita-mix down-stairs!!" It just looked like a blender to me. It isn't just a blender, it is a Vita-mix.
Since, then I've found reasons to get excited about the Vita-mix too. I use it all time and it stands #1 in my appliance-love-list (the kitchenaid is #2). It does everything from blend, to grind (even meat), to pulverize, to make pie dough, to crush ice in 3 seconds flat!! It's great. I probably wouldn't have forked over the $$$$$ to buy it myself, but was a GREAT gift!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I have wanted one of these since the day I saw it sitting on your counter. Well, that Costco demonstration helped too. Someday...

LJRphoto said...

I sort of vaguely remember seeing infomercials advertising these things. I will have to check them out.

Ann said...

My MIL had one and ground grain for her bread with it. After she died, it was the ONLY thing my SIL wanted. I bet she's loving it.