Sunday, September 20, 2009

Honey Dijon Grilled Salmon

(All measurements are approximate, since I really just toss it all together!)

2 TBS Butter
2 TBS Dijon Mustard
2 TBS Honey
1 clove garlic, pressed or chopped
Salt and pepper

Melt butter and add garlic. Saute for a tiny bit. Add Mustard and Honey. Stir until well combined. Spread over salmon fillet, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill!

When I grill salmon, I make a little tray out of foil (with edges and all that so that the juices don't spill onto the grill). I put the skin side down, then just put the "tray" directly on the grill. I typically grill on medium heat until the thickest part flakes with a fork. When it is time to serve, the skin sticks to the tray and we only get the meat.

Okay, so it's not an exact science. Sometimes, when I'm feeling lazy, I just sprinkle the fillet with garlic powder, squeeze some Dijon and honey over the top, spread it around, sprinkle with salt and pepper and grill!

This recipe makes fish-haters love salmon!

No comments: