Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Almost Perfect Pastry

I know I've shared this recipe on my blog awhile ago but thought I'd share it again here because it really is the Perfect Pie Crust!

Almost Perfect Pastry

3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt (or more if desired)
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of milk

Combine flour and salt. Add oil and milk and mix with a fork. Add a little more flour if too moist (I rarely have to). Divide into two balls. Roll between two 12 inch squares of waxed paper placed on a dampened counter so it won't slip. Roll to desired size and peel off the top paper and fit dough in pan. Finish pie with filling and top with second crust.

To bake crust for one crust pie preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 50 minutes in a 9 inch pie plate.

Seriously, it's so easy and tasty that you'll never even think about buying a pie crust again!

No comments: