Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Kelleigh's BBQ Chicken Pizza

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked and chopped
1 small red onion - sliced into thin rings
1 small can sliced black olives - drained
1/4 C. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 to 3/4 C. prepared BBQ sauce (I use Kraft Smokey BBQ Sauce)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 C. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Kelsey's Pizza Dough recipe (my version follows)

-Preheat oven to 425*. Roll out Pizza Dough so it goes all the way to the edge of your large round pizza stone. Pinch the edges a bit (like you see at pizza parlors) so your toppings don't fall off the edge.
-Spread BBQ sauce over pizza.
-Combine chicken, onion, olives, parsley and Cheddar cheese. Spread over pizza. -Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
-Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until cheese in the middle is melted and edges are brown.

My version of Kelsey's Pizza Dough

stir together:
1 C. warm water
1 t. sugar
1 packet quick rising yeast (this is a little change!)

(Now, slice your chop your chicken, slice your onion, grate your cheese, etc. Let yeast work its magic for about 10 minutes or until it is nice and bubbly.)

Add:
1 t. salt
2 T. olive oil (here is another change)
2 1/2 C. flour

Let it rise for about 5 to 10 minutes in a warm place while you continue your prep work.
Knead a few times on a floured surface. Roll out on a pizza stone!

3 comments:

Aly sun said...

This looks really good. I'll try it soon.

Aly sun said...

Tried it. Loved it. I got rave reviews from my husband who said he would order it again if he was at a restaurant. Whoo-hoo. That is high praise.

Thanks for sharing it. I think pineapple would be a really good addition. Am I crazy?

Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

I've made it with all kinds of ingredients. Whatever I've had on hand. Didn't have any onions, so I used red bell pepper instead. Actually put a broccoli mix on instead of all other vegetables. Hubby still loved it!! I think the keys are the chicken and the BBQ sauce. And cheese. But the onions and olives are good, too. Hmm . . .