Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tater Tot Casserole

Growing up this was my favorite dish and often requested it for my birthday dinner. I had pretty much forgotten about it in my adulthood, sticking to classier meals like Chicken Cordon Bleu. The other afternoon I prowled around the kitchen in search of what I was hungry for. It turned out to be Tater Tot Casserole and I had to call my mom for the "detailed" recipe. Oh, it still tastes so good. It will serve a hungry family of 4-6 or one pregnant woman for a couple of meals.

1 lb (or so) ground beef cooked together with chopped onion, garlic, salt and pepper and 1 TBS. Worshstishier (sp?). Poor the cooked beef mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Mix together 2 cans of drained green beans and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and pour that over the beef in the pan. Top with a layer of perfectly placed rows of Tater Tots and bake until warmed through and Tater Tots are cooked (450 degrees for about 15 minutes). Sprinkle with seasoning salt if you have it.
Serve with catchup.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Tator tot casserole was always one of my favorites too. (Funny cause I have it written down in Waytt's baby book as one of the things I craved too!) I haven't made it for forever and haven't used green beans either. But it sounds good. The whole meal in one pan, can't beat that!