Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Braised Pork Chops

I was watching Martha Stewart and saw a guest making pork chops. They looked delicious so I went out and bought a package of pork chops and then went to the website to get the recipe. After viewing the recipe, I got stage fright. The list of ingredients was strange and didn’t even sound good. I didn’t want to waste my $4 worth of precious meet. I deliberated for 3 days, until the pork was calling out from the fridge to be used. I ended up making only 3 chops and half the recipe…. What was the result? The best pork I HAVE EVER EATEN. This recipe may sound a little off the wall, but it tastes fantastic! The flavors meld into a sweet, tangy sauce and juicy meet.

Brown 6 6oz. boneless center-cut chops, trimmed of any fat, in 2 TBS. oil
Stir together and pour over cops in pan:
1 tsp. mustard
1 TBS. apple cider vinegar
2 TBS light-brown sugar
1 TBS. Worcestershire
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/3 cup water
Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to serving platter and cook sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork chops.

*Recipe from "Southern Country Cooking from the Loveless Cafe," by Jane and Michael Stern, as seen on Marth Stewart

1 comment:

Andee said...

These were so yummy! I only made two pork chops but made the full recipe for the sauce and served it over rice. Delicious!